About Main Capital
Main Capital is a private equity investor with an exclusive focus on the software industry. Within that sector focus, we are the most specialized player in management buyouts and later-stage growth capital. With an experienced team of professionals, Main Capital currently manages four Private Equity funds with approximately EUR 375 million in assets under management.
Main Capital is solely focused on established and growing SaaS and software companies with an international expansion strategy. Since its inception in 2003, Main Capital has established a proven track record and an extensive network in the software industry.
Main Capital helps in redistribution of shareholder stakes and aims to bring software companies to a higher level in terms of market position, business model and size. Then, together with the founders and/or the management, we pursue an attractive exit.
In the current portfolio of Main Capital are rapidly growing (SaaS) software companies like GOconnectIT, evania video (Germany), Verklizan, Inergy, MUIS Software, Artegic (Germany), OBI4wan, Axxerion, b+m Informatik (Germany), Ymor, Roxit, OnGuard, Sharewire, SecondFloor, Sofon, Regas, ChainPoint, RVC and TPSC. Main Capital realised many successful exits. The Mezzanine Capital group granted loans to e.g. The Valley, Travel Bird, Talkwalker and Worldmeetings.
With over 10 years of experience in investing in SaaS and software companies, we have specialized knowledge and experience in the strategic development of software companies. We understand the dynamics of the software industry and use it in the development of our portfolio companies.
Our latest Private Equity fund Main Capital IV is fully focused on established and growing international software companies with scalable business models.
Our expertise covers the following topics:
- Access to our extensive network
- Transformation to recurring (SaaS-based) business models
- Act as a sparring partner for internationalization and partnership strategies
- Improve reporting and governance structure
- Advising on add-on acquisitions
- Market research and analysis
Socially Responsible Investment
stakeholders as equally important in the process of developing a sustainable investment ecosystem and are convinced that the incorporation of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) criteria into our investment process can mitigate risk. Therefore, we are committed to a membership to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), instituted by the United Nations (www.unpri.org), since 2014.
Due to Main Capital Partners’ social responsible investment strategy and this membership, we actively carry out the six Principles of the PRI:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
In signing the Principles, we as investors publicly commit to adopt and implement them, where consistent with our fiduciary responsibilities. We also commit to evaluate the effectiveness and improve the content of the Principles over time. We believe this will improve our ability to meet commitments to beneficiaries as well as better align our investment activities with the broader interests of society.
To act according to our own beliefs and in accordance of our PRI membership we exclude certain segments, geographies and activities. Due to our core investment focus of software companies in Northwestern-Europe lots of criteria are easily achieved. Examples of these no-investments criteria we have met, are: corrupt countries, child labour sensitive industries or the production of weapons.