To strengthen our fast-growing operations in Stockholm, we are looking for a proactive, self-driven, analytically skilled (fulltime) Business Analyst/Associate holding an academic master in the field of Business or Economics, starting as soon as possible or after mutual agreement.
Main Capital Partners is a leading software investor in the Benelux, DACH and the Nordics. Main has almost 20 years of experience in strengthening software companies and works closely together with management teams of its portfolio companies as a strategic partner, to realize sustainable growth and build excellent software groups. Main counts over 45 employees and has offices in The Hague, Stockholm, and Düsseldorf. As of October 2021, Main has over EUR2.2 billion of assets under management. Main has invested in more than 120 software companies to date. These companies have created jobs for approximately 4,000 employees.
As a strategic partner Main Capital Partners supports building large and healthy software groups. We know what is needed for value creation, operational excellence, and sustainable growth. Our cross-border industry network encompasses over 4.000 software companies in our focus geographies, with whom we are in close contact and share our knowledge and experience. We leverage our network of industry leaders in the software business, that assist with pragmatic and strategic advice. We know the opportunities and challenges in the industry from first-hand experience and organize several annual industry events (Main Insight, Main Software 50, Main CTO Day, Main CEO working session) to facilitate peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and best practice sharing among companies in our network.
To strengthen our team in Stockholm we are looking for a
BUSINESS ANALYST/Associate (M/F/D) PRIVATE EQUITY
Our new colleague should have the following skills:
- Academic master in the field of (financial and/or technical) Business or Economics
- Additional education in Computer Science / Information Science, (German) law, or (Swedish) tax law is a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience (including internships/traineeships)
- Affinity with Information technology is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Social skills to work in a team and the ability to work independently and build our Stockholm office further, together with senior employees
- Entrepreneurial and ”self-thinking”
- Excellent command of Swedish (or other Scandinavian languages) and English spoken and written is a must. Dutch/German is a plus.
You will be involved in business analysis as well as supporting the investment management team. Your duties include:
- Performing investment projects in a team. The deal team often consists of a Business Analyst/Associate, (Sr.) Investment Manager and/or a Partner
- To analyze and explain (financial) information, establishing (financial) models, analyze and have insight into investment and financing proposals
- Carry out market and strategic analysis (with your team as well as the Market Intelligence Practice
- Preparing Investment Proposals and present them in our weekly team meeting
- Researching for and presenting potential deal flow
- Helping in preparing the Quarterly Reporting
- Assisting (Sr.) Investment Managers and Partners in daily activities including the administration period and exit of portfolio companies
- Helping in organizing events such as the Main Software 50 and the Main Insight event
- Assisting in raising new funds
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- Quick hands-on knowledge and experience in an investment fund / PE firm
- Interesting tasks and a lot of responsibility from the start
- Education with a combination of individual training, learning from the job and educational modules
- Depending on experience and commitment, it is possible to rapidly grow and become a (Senior) Associate or Investment Manager
To apply for this job please send us your resume, cover letter and transcripts of your studies (Master, Bachelor and High school).
Main Capital Partners