To strengthen our US team, we are looking for a proactive, self-driven, analytically skilled (fulltime) Analyst/Associate holding an academic bachelor or master degree in the field of Business, Finance or Economics starting in October 2022 or after mutual agreement.
Main Capital Partners is a leading software investor active in North-western Europe and North America. Main has almost 20 years of experience in software & SaaS investing cooperating strongly with management teams to build-out stronger software groups. We are over 50 employees operating with offices in The Hague (The Netherlands), Stockholm (Sweden), Düsseldorf (Germany) and soon Boston (US). Main currently has approx. USD 2.2 billion of assets under management with a track-record of over 130 software & SaaS investments to date. These companies have created jobs for approximately 4,000 employees.
Main Capital Partners strategically supports the management teams of software companies with growth strategies. We know what is needed for value creation, operational excellence, and sustainable growth. Our cross-border industry network encompasses over 5.000 software companies in our focus geographies, with whom we are in close contact and share our knowledge and experience. We leverage our network of industry leaders in the software business whom assist with pragmatic and strategic advice. We know the opportunities and challenges in the industry from first-hand experience and organize several annual industry events (Main Insight, Main Software 50 and the Main CEO, CTO and CFO Day) to facilitate peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and best practice sharing among companies in our network.
To strengthen our team in Boston are looking for a
BUSINESS ANALYST/ASSOCIATE (M/F/D) PRIVATE EQUITY
You will be involved in business analysis as well as supporting the investment management team. Your duties include:
- Performing investment projects in a team. The deal team often consists of a Business analyst/Associate, (Sr.) Investment Manager and/or a Partner.
- Active involvement in deal-processes and supporting portfolio companies with acquisitions in North-America.
- Conducting financial analysis and due diligence for investment opportunities explaining findings clearly in investment- and financing proposals.
- Proactively source and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Conducing market- and industry research developing new investments theses.
- Involved in portfolio management (KPI and financial monitoring, performance excellence projects).
- Assisting in preparing quarterly fund reporting and fundraising.
- Helping in organization of events such as the Main Insight event.
Our new colleague should have the following skills:
- Academic education (bachelor or master degree) in the field of Finance, Business or Economics
- Additional education in Computer Science / Information Science, law, or tax law is a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience (including internships/traineeships)
- Affinity with Information technology is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Social skills to work in a team and the ability to work independently and build our US operation further, together with senior employees
- Entrepreneurial and ”self-thinking”
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Quick hands-on knowledge and experience in an investment fund / PE firm
- Interesting tasks and a lot of responsibility from the start
- Education with a combination of individual training, learning from the job and educational modules
- Depending on experience and commitment, it is possible to rapidly grow and become a (Senior) Associate or Investment Manager
To apply for this job please send us your resume, cover letter and transcripts of your studies (Master, Bachelor and High school).
Main Capital Partners