Main Capital is a strategic investor with an exclusive focus on the software sector in the Nordics, Benelux and DACH regions. Main Capital has a long-term investment horizon centered around successful partnerships with management teams, with the goal to, jointly, build larger software groups. Within the software sector, Main is the most specialized company in management buyouts and later-stage growth capital. Main Capital has approximately SEK 4.5 bn in assets under management for investments in mature and growing software companies. The investments are managed by an experienced team of investment professionals, located across our offices. Main is established in 2003 and currently hold 24 portfolio companies. As a strategic partner Main Capital supports building large and healthy software groups. We know what is needed for value creation, operational excellence and sustainable growth. Our cross-border industry network encompasses over 4.000 software companies in our focus geographies, with whom we are in close contact and share our knowledge and experience. We leverage our network of industry leaders in the software business, that assist with operational skills and strategic advice. We know the opportunities and challenges in the industry from first hand and organize several annual industry events (Main Insight, Main Software 50, Main CTO day, Main CEO working session) to mobilize our network and facilitate peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and best practice sharing among companies.
Our new colleague should have the following skills:
• Academic master in the field of (financial and/or technical) Business or Economics
• Additional education in Computer Science / Information Science, (German) law or (Swedish) tax law is a plus
• 1-2 years relevant work experience (including internships/traineeships)
• Affinity with Information technology is a plus
• Analytical skills
• Social skills to work in a team and the ability to work independently and built our Stockholm office further, together with senior employees
• Entrepreneurial and ”self-thinking”
• Excellent command of Swedish (or other Scandinavian language) and English spoken and written is a must. Dutch/German can be a plus.
You will be involved in business analysis as well as supporting the investment management team.
Your duties include:
• Performing investment projects in a team. The deal team often consist of a Business Analyst/Associate, (Sr.) Investment Manager and/or a Partner
• To analyze and explain (financial) information, establishing (financial) models, analyze and have insight into investment and financing proposals
• Carry out market and strategic analysis (with your team as well as the Market Intelligence Practice)
• Preparing Investment Proposals and present this in our weekly team meeting
• Searching and presenting potential deal flow
• Helping in preparing the Quarterly Reporting
• Assisting (Sr.) Investment Managers and Partners in daily activities including the administration
• period and exit of portfolio companies
• Helping in organizing events such as the Main Software 50 and the Main Insight event
• Assisting in raising new funds
What we offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Quick hands-on knowledge and experience in an investment fund / PE firm
• Different interesting tasks and a lot of responsibility from the start
• Education with a combination of individual training, learning on the job and educational modules
• Depending on experience and commitment, it is possible to rapidly grow into the role of Senior Analyst, Associate or Investment Manager
To apply for this job please send us a resume, cover letter and transcripts of your studies (Master, Bachelor and High school).
Contact person: Wessel Ploegmakers
Address: Västra Järnvägsgatan 3,
111 64, Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +31 6 25180313