We are currently looking for an excellent writer with project-management and problem-solving skills to strengthen the Marketing & Communications department.
Main Capital Partners
Main Capital Partners is a strategic investor with approximately EUR 2.2 billion under management. It focuses on successful software companies in the Benelux, the DACH region and Scandinavia. Through its focus on the fast-growing software sector, Main has built an excellent track record. It is among the best performing and most differentiated software investors in Europe.
Main Capital Partners currently has 30 companies and more than 50 add-on acquisitions in its portfolio. The fast growing investment team consists of approximately 45 investment professionals working from offices in The Hague, Düsseldorf and Stockholm.
In addition to providing capital, Main serves its portfolio companies with knowledge and experience, networking opportunities and events such as the Main Software 50 Awards, the Main Insight Event and the Main CTO Day. Our funders-base consists mainly of institutional investors, pension funds, family offices and high net worth entrepreneurs. We regularly share articles for software entrepreneurs or news about recent acquisitions via our Insights blog. For more information, please visit our website: www.main.nl/insights.
The Communications Specialist works closely with the Manager Marketing & Communications and will develop content fitting within Main’s messaging and channel strategy. Main communicates through various channels and events with different target groups, such as media, investors and software entrepreneurs. In its communication Main wants to radiate thought leadership as a leading European software investor.
The channels and topics are varied, from press releases about the acquisitions of Main to whitepapers with tips for software entrepreneurs, and can be brought to life with your help. Since events are very important for Main, you also give substance to the program and communication of the various events. For input you liaise with the Investment team (in the 3 regions), the Performance Excellence and Market Intelligence Group, Investor Relations and our portfolio companies. In addition, you are responsible for placing the content on the websites and social media channels of Main.
Duties of the Communications Specialist include:
- Set up and execute communication strategy for content themes and events;
- Devise angles for content (news, blogs, social, content marketing);
- Producing English content, including preliminary research and conducting interviews;
- Final editing of provided materials;
- Coordination of input, approvals and translations;
- Publication of content on website and social channels;
- Managing the CMS (WordPress) and coordinating development changes;
- Interacting with external parties for design, video or content production.
Skills / Requirements:
We are looking for a strong Communications Specialist who can think, act and deliver quickly and is thus also deadline-resistant. Someone who takes ownership for the realization of a project, or the improvement of existing content, and dares to ask questions until everything is crystal-clear. A real builder, who thrives in a dynamic environment and is motivated by setting up new structures. In addition, someone with an eye for detail; you must be able to fish the double spaces out of a text. A ‘solid discussion partner’ who knows how to hold his/her own in communication and interviews with C-levels. You like being responsible for something from the first idea to the finishing touch.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. Journalism, Marketing, Communications);
- 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in a similar role;
- Experience in communications/PR at a company or agency or as a writer/journalist;
- Proven (online) writing experience in English;
- Proficient in long copy and short copy (e.g. for social media);
- Experience in managing external parties (such as writers, designers, PR agencies etc.) is important;
- Background in or knowledge of finance is a strong plus;
- A real team player who collaborates with others constructively;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch in word and writing;
- German or Swedish is an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Attractive rewards package, including competitive salary, bonus plan and pension
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment
- Fast-growing company offering ample room for personal and professional growth
- Work on diverse and interesting projects with a lot of responsibility from the start
- International playing field; gain experience working on cross-border projects
- Enthusiastic and approachable colleagues, working in an informal culture with short lines of communication
How to apply
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please send us an email with your cv and cover letter, as well as diploma’s and marksheets from both high school and university.
Main Capital Partners
att. Sonja Hartgring
2514 JA Den Haag