Main Capital is a strategic private equity investor with approximately EUR 1bn assets under management for investments in mature and growing software companies. Main Capital has a long-term investment horizon centered around successful partnerships with management teams, with the goal to, jointly, build larger software groups. Within the software sector, Main is the most specialized company in management buyouts and later-stage growth capital.
We offer a university student focusing on business administration, economics or finance an interesting internship within our organization. During the internship, you will come in contact with the different facets of the investment process. You will for example assist in market analysis, financial analysis of potential investments, and searching for new potential investments. Main Capital also organizes several events such as the Main Insight event each year in which you may additionally be involved in.
• Working on investment projects. Projects are usually worked on in a team consisting of an Analyst, an Associate, and a (Sr.) Investment Manager and / or a Partner
• Deal origination (e.g. market and company research, networking)
• Evaluation of investment proposals (e.g. financial modeling, valuation, structuring, commercial due diligence)
• Periodic portfolio performance reviews, valuation and return calculations
• Assisting with market and strategy analysis
• Assisting deal teams with various tasks related to portfolio management
We are looking for a university student in business administration, finance, or economics, who is in the final year of his / her master’s degree. We are also looking for someone with the ambition to develop further, who is highly commercial and analytically strong. Excellent command of English and one Scandinavian language is a must. Additional Scandinavian languages, Dutch or German are a plus. Being able to work effectively in a team is a requirement. Finally, a proactive and entrepreneurial attitude is of great importance.
In the case of mutual interest, it is possible to become a full-time Business Analyst after the internship period.
In order to respond to this vacancy, we would like to receive a curriculum vitae, motivational letter, and grade lists from university and high school.
+46 (0)81 220 02 60
Artillerigatan 6 – 4th floor
114 51 Stockholm, Sweden