We are looking for a supporting Market Intelligence Analyst to join our fast-growing DACH team located in Düsseldorf.
Main Capital Partners:
Main Capital Partners is a strategic investor with approximately EUR 2.2 billion assets under management. It focuses on successful software companies in the Benelux, DACH, and Nordics regions. Through its focus on the fast-growing enterprise software sector, Main has built up an excellent track record. It is one of the best performing and most differentiated investors in software segments in Europe.
Main Capital currently has approximately 35 companies and 50 add-on acquisitions in its portfolio. Our fast-growing investment team consists of about 50 investment professionals working from offices in The Hague (HQ), Düsseldorf and Stockholm.
In addition to providing capital, Main serves its portfolio of companies with knowledge & experience, networking opportunities and events such as the Main Software 50, the Main Insight Event and the Main CTO Day. Our funders base consists mainly of institutional investors, family offices and wealthy entrepreneurs. For more information, please visit our website: www.main.nl
Given (i) the growth of Main Capital, (ii) our data-driven approach, (iii) the growth plans of the DACH team and (iv) the contribution of Market Intelligence to the realization of those plans, we are looking for a Market Intelligence Analyst for the DACH Region. This role will be filled from our Düsseldorf office.
The candidate will be employed as a “Market Intelligence (MI) Analyst”. You will be part of both the DACH Investment Team and the cros-border functioning Market Intelligence & Performance Excellence Group.
The Market Intelligence team supports the investment teams by maintaining its proprietary database of approximately 10,000 software companies in the regions in which Main operates. The MI team performs all kinds of analyses on this database, to investigate trends and find relevant companies for Main. In this database, different data sources are combined (e.g. external data from S&P).
From the MI team you are the first point of contact for the DACH team for:
- Data management: maintaining our database, implementing process changes, building integrations with 3rd party sources (or re-use 3rd party data), managing the software taxonomy, setting up and further developing our own data infrastructure (together with development partners and our core tech team in The Hague).
- Generating data-driven, practical insights and deal flow lists: based on our own database (and also third-party sources) generating insights into growth figures, potential targets or creating company lists that can be used for deal flow generation.
- Contributing to strategic market reports: writing data-based reports on software segments, end markets and technological and (macroeconomic) trends, which help Main to determine or substantiate investment decisions.
- Provide market insights into specific software segments for commercial documents. Based on quantitative and qualitative market research, you map out how certain software segments develop, what the opportunities /risks are and what the Investment Team should pay attention to when investing in those segments.
Concrete tasks consist of:
- Data management:
- Track and manage Dealcloud, as our main data platform
- Support in setting up a new data infrastructure
- Monitoring the overall data quality of Main
- Finding new (DACH) information sources and extracting relevant company-level data, together with data scientists from the (central) MI Team
- Use and make our data more widely accessible, e.g. by means of dashboarding in PowerBI
- Strategic and commercial market studies:
- Preparation of online surveys and (automatic) processing of results
- Interviewing domain experts to gather qualitative insights
- Support the data collection process of the annual Main50
- Support with Market Intelligence reports
- Making market slides for discussion documents and investment proposals about specific software markets (trends/drivers, market scope, key vendors, competitor benchmarking, risk analyses, etc.)
- Support in conducting commercial conversations with management teams, from a market intelligence point of view
Capabilities Market Intelligence Analyst:
Main Capital is looking for an ambitious, analytically strong and self-starting Market Intelligence Analyst, with experience in market research. Profile:
- Academic studies (Master level) in finance, business studies, econometrics, information studies, statistics
- At least 1-3 years of (work) experience, e.g. as a market researcher or consultant
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Power BI)
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint, and preferably also various add-ins (such as Thinkcell).
- Ability to work independently and set priorities in changing and challenging work environments.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ‘self-starter’
- Strong analytical skills.
- Has a flexible mentality and is well grounded in environments with a lot of dynamics where priorities can change at a moment.
- Good social and communication skills and integrity. You always work in a team and communicate with deal teams and management teams.
- German and English speaking.
- Affinity with Software/IT companies is an advantage.
What we offer you:
- Nice colleagues with a strong teamwork mentality.
- An international working environment.
- Learning trajectory with a combination of individual training (including data analysis), knowledge on the job and learning modules.
- Steep growth curve in career path, which you can use in the set-up of a new core activity of Main Capital. Your responsibilities can grow at the same speed as the practice.
- Competitive salary.
- Possibility to gain hands-on knowledge and experience at a professional investment fund.
To apply for this job please send us your resume, cover letter and transcripts of your studies (Master, Bachelor and High school).
Main Capital Partners
Julia Michelle Sauer