Market Intelligence Analyst
What are you going to do:
The Market Intelligence team supports the investment team by conducting in-depth market research on software industries – as well as the end markets of those software industries – and maintaining a proprietary database of approximately 15,000 software companies in the regions in which Main operates. The MI team performs all kind of analysis to investigate trends and find the best companies for Main. Various data sources are used and combined to find those companies.
You will become part of the Market Intelligence & Performance Excellence Group and you will frequently work together with (international) investment teams.
Together with the MI team you are responsible for:
- Contributing to strategic market reports: Writing data-based market reports on software segments, end markets, competitive landscapes, technological and (macro) economic trends. These analysis help Main to determine or substantiate investment decisions and business strategies.
- Data management and management: Maintaining and expanding our database, implementing process changes, realizing links with 3rd party sources, managing the software taxonomy, setting up and developing our own data platform.
- Generating data-driven insights: Based on our proprietary database (as well as third-party sources) generate insights into growth rates, identify key industry players, potential investment targets and market risks.
- Organizing and supporting events: Facilitating knowledge sharing between the companies in the portfolio and Main’s wider network.
Why you would be a good fit for us:
- You have an university degree in which data management has been central, such as: Data Science, (Business) Information Management, Technical Public Administration, Econometrics, or comparable studies.
- You have 0-3 years (work) experience in market research and/or data management, preferably within the software industry, the private equity sector, or other relevant internships.
- You are proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Power BI, Python and/or SQL is an advantage.
- You have excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and oral, in Dutch and English. Command of other languages spoken in the target regions (e.g. German, French or Scandinavian languages) is a plus.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- You are passionate about the software industry and have a good understanding of its dynamics and growth drivers.
What we offer you:
- You will get to work in a fun, young and dedicated team within an informal open corporate culture;
- You will gain a lot of knowledge and insight about data-driven investing at a leading sector-oriented investment fund;
- You will quickly get involved in dynamic and interesting projects;
- You will be given many responsibilities at an early stage;
- You will get a competitive salary;
- You will get to enjoy free lunch every day and our generous Company Fitness Plan.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, we would like to receive a curriculum vitae, cover letter and transcripts of education received at both university and high school.
Contact person: Bram Kaashoek
Phone number: 070-324 34 33