Performance Excellence Strategy Associate
The Performance Excellence Group supports portfolio companies by implementing improvement programs, helping to implement standards (i.e. standard financial & KPI reporting) and identifying, capturing and sharing best practices through playbooks.
Why you should like to work for us:
- You will work in a fun, young and dedicated team within an informal open corporate culture;
- You will gain great knowledge and insight into a leading sector-focused investment fund, in the fast-growing software sector;
- You will quickly get involved in dynamic and interesting projects;
- You will get a lot responsibilities at an early stage;
- You will get a competitive salary;
- You will get to enjoy a free lunch every day and our generous Company Fitness Plan.
Why you would be a good fit for us:
- You have obtained an (Academic) University-level degree relevant to the position (e.g. business administration/science, economics, econometrics, TU supplemented with MBA or a business minor);
- You have 2-4 experience in (strategy or management) consulting;
- You have affinity with the Software & Tech sector and preferably (project) experience with (recurring) business models;
- You have excellent communication skills (written/ppt, but also good presentation skills);
- You like project-based work; you work independently, quickly, in a structured, detailed and precise manner, without losing sight of the big picture and setting priorities;
- You have integrity and are a team player who can work closely with different stakeholders (PX team, investment team, management teams of the portfolio companies);
- You have an excellent command of English and Dutch, both word and speech.
The PX team brings together various specializations. The existing team (3 FTEs) has extensive experience in strategic, financial and operational management of (software) companies. The PX team focuses on the following areas:
- Finance & Operations: support portfolio companies in their financial reporting, KPI tracking, budgeting, improvement of operational processes, and benchmarking.
- Go-to-market & Topline Growth: value creation processes focused on revenue acceleration, e.g. improving customer segmentation, pricing models, sales channel optimization, international expansion, and strategic planning.
- Product Management & Technology: advising companies on technology migrations, adopting agile ways of working, repositioning product management in the organization, etc.
What you will do:
- The PX Associate will mainly be focused on these 3 areas (but to a lesser extent on the rollout of the financial instruments within Finance & Operations) and preferably has a broad strategy consulting background.
- You will work closely with management teams of portfolio companies, other specialists in the MI-PX group, colleagues from the investment teams and possibly external consultants.
- You work internationally. Besides during interaction with direct Dutch colleagues and Dutch portfolio companies, English is the working language.
In this role your responsibilities include:
- Preparing value creation plans and integration plans (for buy-and-build);
- Supervising strategic planning workshops with portfolio companies;
- Creating playbooks and collecting best practices on various topics relevant to SaaS companies, such as – but not limited to – (i) internationalization strategies, (ii) setting up sales organizations, (iii) partner management, (iv) cloud & SaaS migrations;
- Initiating and executing company-specific projects. For example: redesign of a support department, redesign of pricing models, management reorganization;
- Actively sharing knowledge, for example through events, webinars and writing articles.
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy, we would like to receive a curriculum vitae, cover letter and transcripts of education received at both university and high school.
Contact person: Bram Kaashoek
Phone number: 070-324 34 33