Knowledge sharing and community building within the software industry are key in Main’s philosophy regarding value creation. The Main CTO Day is exemplary for this, and the fact that we organized this event for the 9th time already shows the institutionalized character of the CTO meet-up. The event at the Park Plaza Hotel in Utrecht hosted a select audience of CTOs and CPOs from across our portfolio companies. The main topic of this year: “How Product development contributes to Product-led Growth, and the role of the CTO/CPO.”
The kick-off and moderation of the event was done by Bram Kaashoek, Managing Director Market Intelligence & Performance Excellence at Main.
We hosted an excellent selection of speakers who shared their views, expertise and experiences:
- Massimo Capoccia (EVP Product Management & Development at Infor)
- Dimitra Retsina (CPTO at Temper)
- Johan van der Poel (Head of Product-Led Growth at Mendix)
- Peter Matthijsen (CPO at Bizzdesign)
- Jason Raats (Market Intelligence at Main Capital Partners)
The key takeaways of the event were:
- The product management role is on the rise and becomes more important for driving customer value and the organizational capability to monetize on value delivered.
- Product-led growth (PLG) is more than a shift in the go-to-market approach. It’s the art of putting the end-user and the product platform central in the complete buyer- and user journey: from the attraction of new users via freemium models, to tracking usage data to optimize conversion, shorten the time to value through in-platform learning and guidance, optimizing in-platform purchases, and driving net retention rates in the end.
- The roles of the CTO and CPO are changing. Especially the CPO becomes the spider in the web and connects the dots in the process of product development with a continuous eye on serving use cases best and increasing customer value in a scalable way.
- This domain becomes increasingly KPI- and data-driven.
With over 80 participants the Main CTO Day was a great success. We thank our speakers and chairman of the day and we look forward to the next edition in 2023.
We will keep you informed on the most relevant developments of Main Capital Partners